Thursday, December 9, 2010

ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED

After the Round Britain things looked pretty awful. Empty pockets. Difficulties everywhere. Taxman banging on the door. Not seen my kids in ages. Hard to focus on my work at the office. I saw no possibility to continue sailing. Not enouth time, not enough money. I decided to quit.

Many people said that I would regret this rigurous step, and I knew I would. But I felt I had no other choice.

Half a year later and things have calmed down. I put myself back together. Written some new stuff. Played a number of good gigs with my trio. Recorded some pieces for guitar solo. Did a half marathon in 1.44hrs. Felt much better again.

Finally I started to look for the possibilities to continue racing, in stead of only seeing the difficulties. And now I found a solution. Fantastic! 


    

No comments: